Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- MOON – Trailer. Love me some Science Fiction.
- THE COUNTESS – Considering Lady Bathory inspired countless threads and scenes in horror films, it is only fair to link up the trailer to a period piece about her. That and it is the directorial debut of Julie Delpy.
Studio News and Attachments
- THE ORPHAN – For what looked like a creepy-kid-plays-to-teens film, I’m surprised to learn THE ORPHAN earned an R rating.
- H2 – First Laurie looks like a junkie and now Michael Myers is without the mask for “a great portion” of HALLOWEEN 2?
- TERROR TRAIN – Turns out a TERROR TRAIN remake has a house, but that’s it. No script, no director. Insert pun about missing their stop here.
- PIRANHA 3D – Normally I don’t care about casting rumors, but I dig Elisabeth Shue so I’d love to see her in Aja’s dimension busting remake.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- FEARnet – The campaign to bring FEARnet back to Time Warner Cable now has an outlet on Facebook.
- TRICK ‘R TREAT – A WB Press Release detailing plans for a Buy 5 Get 1 Free Blu-ray promotion lists TRICK ‘R TREAT as an eligible title. Of course no date is set and the promotion runs until 2010, so who the hell knows when it will come out, but this is at least confirmation that the long awaited film will eventually find its way into our hands.
- ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER – Seth Grahame-Smith, the guy who wrote PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES just signed a two book deal with his publisher, the first of which will be retelling the life of Lincoln with the caveat that he was a vampire hunter.
- ALTITUDE – Marketing to HND 101: Plane in flight + tentacles in sky = sold!
- DARK HOLLOW – Brian Keene’s novel is hitting the screen under the helm of director Paul Campion.
- Wii Horror FEEL – Takahashi Shimizu will be the horror consultant for a Wii exclusive adaptation of Shimizu’s never-ending hit JU-ON, retitlted FEEL. Could be an interesting experience, actually, as it seems one or two players explore the world of THE GRUDGE with the Wiimote functioning as a flashlight. If done right, creepiness will definitely abound.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- THIRST – Second trailer for Park Chan-Wook’s return to darker territory looks fantastic.
- SMASH CUT – Starring David Hess and a porn gal.
Posted by: Peter Hall
Last Week in Horror was predisposed to minor updates of news already established. Survival horror game CLOCK TOWER is still looking to roll, this time with a PROM NIGHTer climbing the stairs. Danny Boyle mentions a 28 X LATER again. Minds behind the remake of MY BLOODY VALENTINE have already begun the mulling of a sequel. Give them some credit, normally in these situations the party line is a transparent, “No, of course we haven’t given any thought to a sequel, let’s see how the first one does.” At least they’re being honest.
I hadn’t heard of THE INTERVENTION, but its sharp looking poster led me through a few links, now logging the demonic possession story high on my list of films to pay attention to.
Oh, and in case you missed it, Ooohveh Bowl is still crazy.