Posted by: Peter Hall
Note: was anyone else aware that South Korea has a reality show about exorcisms? And that its music is the SAW theme?
Also, what billiards game involves a blue pool table with no pockets and only three balls, the goal of which, as far as I can surmise, is to hit both balls after bouncing off at least two of the rails? I really want to know what this is called as it is on TV All. The. Time.
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
Sorry, bone dry.
Studio News and Attachments
- Francis Lawrence swears there is no rush on figuring out a script for I AM ALMOST LEGEND, studio coffers will eventually say otherwise.
- Emma Stone joins Woody Harrelson in ZOMBIELAND.
- Why was I unaware that Joe Dante was filming a 3D film called THE HOLE about a bottomless pit discovered in a basement?
- Some guy named Mathijs van Heijningen Jr is posed to direct the Ronald D. Moore scripted remake/prequel/reboot of THE THING for Strike Entertainment. Great, another American company outsources a prime job!
- Emmanuel Chriqui joins the ensemble of the 13 TZAMETI remake, which damn well better be more intense than the original, which made a great trailer, but a warmed over feature. Come on now, how hard is it to make a movie about a Russian Roulette tournament nerve racking?
- The kick ass Radha Mitchell joins THE CRAZIES remake helmed by Breck Eisner with Timothy “Emperor of Eyebrow Acting” Olyphant as the male lead.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- I’ll try to remember to remind when it gets closer, but Canada will release [REC] on Region 1 DVD January 27th.
- Charisma Carpenter to play a novelist who travels to the mistrusting, vision-filled English countryside to finish her latest book in VIVID.
- Ever wonder what the guy who made THE FLY II was up to these days? Me neither, but the answer is BABY ZOMBIES.
- The Sci-Fi channel bought the rights to premiere it in the States this summer, but Eric Red’s Famke Jensen starring ghostie 100 FEET will hit UK DVD shelves in March.
- Does anyone actually faint at movies? I thought that was always a publicity gag? Weinberg’s attendance to a Sundance run of undead baby loving GRACE supposedly had two. He was one.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips