Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- FRIDAY THE 13TH – New Trailer. Purists be damned, I think it looks badass. Plus, was that Willa Ford water skiing topless? Sold!
- THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL – Four Clips
Studio News and Attachments
- Sigourney Weaver is talking up a theoretical project with Ridley Scott to bring Ripley out of the ALIEN universe.
- Jackson’s THE LOVELY BONES and Whedon/Goddard’s THE CABIN IN THE WOODS have been delayed. BONES not til 12/11/09, CABIN 2/5/20!
- Len Wiseman to direct comic adaptation ATLANTIS RISING, to be written by mediocre machines Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
- David Goyer’s THE UNBORN has been rated PG-13…
- Scout Taylor Compton denies word that Rob Zombie will do the inevitable HALLOWEEN 2.
- J. Michael Straczynki talks WORLD WAR Z a tiny bit, says the “scale of what we’re doing here is phenomenal.“
- Lexi Alexander wants to do JONAH HEX so long as Josh Brolin is involved.
- BENDERSPINk buys the rights to highly praised (read: Stephen King likes it) book/comic series THE STRAW MEN.
- CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON has lost Breck Eisner as a director, henceforth replaced by no one.
- But then AICN says that Eisner is still directing. So…yeah…
- FRIDAY THE 13TH poster has a humongous neck.
- The Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS lurches a tad closer.
- THEY LIVE, remade. Could stand an update in my book.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- Forrest J. Ackerman has passed away. I won’t pretend to personally feel the weight of his impact in life, but from everything I’ve read we all owe him a debt.
- Because it worked so well with THE SCORNED, REALITY HORROR NIGHT is going to star cast from “SURVIVOR”, “THE MOLE”, and more crap.
- Despite even a distributor for the first go aroung, the Romero produced DEADTIME STORIES already has a sequel underway.
- Frank Spotnitz blames THE DARK KNIGHT for the terrible performance of THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE.
- If you’re going to Sundance, enjoy MOON, DEAD SNOW, GRACE, and THE KILLING ROOM.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips