Posted by: Seth Hall
We all have someone whom we want to see bleed.
It may be your boss. It may be that psycho ex. It may be that so-called “celebrity” everyone’s always talking about. Well, for a few spare dollars, you can make your dark, twisted fantasies a digital reality.
Chris Crane had a delightfully macabre thought. How about a game that allowed you to “torture the living hell” out of anyone you wanted? Crane brought his bloodlust to the R’yleh of app design, known in our realm as Rocksauce Studios. You may know Rocksauce from their beer-guzzling social app, Brewski Me. Together with artist Bernard Gumz of SCABFARM, the terrifying team is crafting what is sure to be the next big game to hit our smart phones. It’s called Spinferno, and you can help bring this hellfire to life.
Spinferno is how you play pinball in Hell. Except in Hell, you don’t use a ball. You use your worst enemies. You have the option of using one of the standard character models, if you’re a nice person with no grudges or anything like that. If you’re a normal person, you can customize with one of your own pictures through the Create-a-Victim feature. And then you can drop them into one of Dante’s Circles of Hell, where the bloodshed can begin. You also have the option of two different game modes. You can bring your victims through every Circle of pain and suffering in Journey Through Hell, the game’s story mode. Or, you can choose Massacre, and create as much bodily carnage as possible for points.
Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- DISTRICT 9 – Trailer for Neil Blomkamp’s alien invasion.
Studio News and Attachments
- THE DARK TOWER – J.J. Abrams tells MTV that as soon as “LOST” finishes they’ll muscle up for the film series. Considering STAR TREK is posed to be a huge success, I have a feeling Abrams will muster quite the budget once it hits the ground.
- DEATH NOTE – Warner Brothers picks up the rights to the popular Japanese manga/anime/live action series about a book that grants its owner the ability to kill anyone whose name is written inside.
- COLD SKIN – David Slade is attached to direct for Madrid films an adaptation of COLD SKIN, a novel about humanoid amphibians in the Antartic.
- I SELL THE DEAD – IFC has picked up the Dominic Monaghan, Ron Perlman, Angus Scrimm staring indie for distribution (presumably as part of their aforementioned Midnight Movies slate). In theaters and On Demand August 14th.
- THE ROAD – The Weinstein Company has now slated John Hillcoat’s adaptation of the brilliant, brilliant Cormac McCarthy novel for October 16th, ’09.
- THE LAST VOYAGE OF DEMETER – Marcus Nispel in talks to direct a feature based on the segment of Bram Stoker’s DRACULA in which the count arrives to England on a cargo ship.
- PHONE – The latest Korean ghosty to get a US doppelganger. Too bad the original sucks.
- DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE – In the largest piece of Get The Fuck Out movie news this year, Abel Ferrara is doing an update on the classic tale in which Jekyll is played by Forest Whitaker and Hyde will be 50 Cent. Head explodes.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- LIVID – The French duo behind INSIDE have revealed their next project to be the tale of some punks who attempt to rob the “increasingly peculiar” house of a coma patient.
- SPAWN – Todd McFarlane claims to have seven offers in the table to do a new SPAWN movie.
- THE CHRIST MUST DIE – According to Stephen Fry, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh want to make use of a vacant but enormous Jerusalem set constructed in New Zealand by producing a movie in which Nazi zombies travel back in time to kill Jesus. Kudos to whoever dreamed up that bullshit.
- MISTER WEED-EATER – Joe R. Lansdale’s short story about a blind and creepy groundskeeper will be adapted and directed by Brian James Fitzpatrick.
- BOOK OF BLOOD – The Sci-Fi channel will be premiering the adaptation of Clive Barker’s BOOK OF BLOOD.
- HATCHET 2 – Adam Green says they will be taking the story directly to…space.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips