Posted by: JCDeleon
***Editor’s Note: We are so thrilled to bring back our Terror Tuesday Report feature after a long hiatus.***
This Terror Tuesday treated us to a sequel to a film that I’ve heard is a Terror Tuesday favorite, directed by a horror cinephile’s favorite, Don Cascarelli. Don Cascarelli is a name that ranks high up on the list of favorite genre filmmakers amongst film nerds the world over. He’s been at the helm of every film of the Phantasm franchise, and that feat alone is extremely noteworthy with the way franchises routinely get handed to new directors, usually after one or two films. Don obviously takes great care in the stories that he writes, and it definitely shows with this weeks Terror Tuesday entry, Phantasm II.
Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- THE DESCENT: PART 2 – I’m just going to assume this is going to end up in theaters. A lot of people are shitting on this trailer, but I dig the idea of having her go back down in the caves, which is surprising considering I still hate that stupid movie.
- SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD – New promo clip.
Studio News and Attachments
- DEADMAN – Guillermo Del Toro will be producing for Warner Brothers an adaptation of the DC Comics series Deadman about the vengeful ghost of a slain trapeze artist. Someone named Nikolaj Arcel to direct.
- LAKE MUNGO – After Dark films announces Australia’s LAKE MUNGO will be it’s third title for January’s Horrorfest. It joins THE GRAVES (shitty poster here) and Clive Barker’s DREAD.
- DREAM HOUSE – Daniel Craig is the next big name actor to relocate his family to a house in the countryside that was previously, but unbeknown to the new owners, host to all kinds of cheerful murders. Get a new fucking storyline, Hollywood.
- MY SUPER PSYCHO SWEET 16 – MTV gets in on the slasher game. No one else wants in.
- VANISHING ON SEVENTH STREET – Hayden Christensen is heading towards Brad Anderson’s return to horror by way of a ghost town that specializes in making, well, more ghosts.
- BURKE AND HARE – Simon Pegg joins John Landis’ return to feature length horror, a “true-story” period piece about men who sell the dead to universities.
- SWAMP THING – I suppose this might not technically count as a remake of the previous film(s), but Joel Silver wants to bring back Swamp Thing. And it being 2009, he of course would like to do that in 3D.
- THE BLOB – Rob Zombie will be remaking THE BLOB, though he’s sick and tired of that stupid, big, red, blobby thing killing people. He’ll just leave that part out.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- SPAWN – Not a lot of solid facts here, but according to Todd McFarlane’s Twitter feed, SPAWN will be returning to the world of TV animation.
- PHANTASM V? – Seems there is a new PHANTASM project on the horizon, but there are no solid details as to what that means.
- STAN HELSING – Because we all need non-theatrical SCARY MOVIE wannabes in our life, STAN HELSING comes out October 27th.
- HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN – The GRINDHOUSE competition winning fake trailer HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN, from the gents behind TREEVENGE, is going feature length.
- HOUSE OF THE DEVIL – The new poster is a beautiful work of art.
- THE SHOCK LABYRINTH – Japan’s first live-action 3D movie, directed by JU-ON’s Takashi Shimizu, picked u p international distribution.
- “FEAR ITSELF” – FEARnet will be airing the five unaired “FEAR ITSELF” episodes starting early september.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips