Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- THE CRAZIES – Second trailer.
- SOLOMON KANE – A cool clip from the movie, which still lacks distribution in the States but since it is a sold, dark fantasy flick, I’m putting it here out of hope.
Studio News and Attachments
- MIRRORS 2 – The Nick Stahl starring sequel to Alexandre Aja’s dull remake of a dull movie gets a longer plot description and a full cast.
- SEASON OF THE WITCH – If you like fire and Nicholas Cage’s forehead, then have I got a poster for you!
- GHOSTBUSTERS 3 – Sigourney Weaver hints that Bill Murray might be playing a ghost this time around…
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES – Natalie Portman will produce and star in a big screen adaptation of no one’s favorite alternate universe literary classic.
- VLAD – Summit’s Vlad the Impaler film, written by “SONS OF ANARCHY” and GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS star Charlie Hunnam, will have no hits of vampires in it.
- HALLOWEEN 3D – The Weinstein Company is scrambling for new ideas to make a movie no one wants into a movie at least one person wants.
- RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE – Slides from fall 2010 to the second week of 2011.
- THE WOLFMAN – Emily Blunt says the reason for the shifting WOLFMAN release date has always been driven by special effects deadlines; not because Joe Johnston made a crappy movie. Speaking of, the flick got an R rating this week.
- FANTASTIC VOYAGE – The ’60s classic sci-fi flick about shrinking down and going inside the human body joins the growing list of movies James Cameron might tackle next.
- THE GATE – H.R. Giger will be designing some of the creatures for Alex Winter’s THE GATE 3D.
- FRIDAY THE 13TH 2 – Unsurprisingly, Platinum Dunes’ proposed sequel to Marcus Nispel’s reboot of F13 has slid from its extremely tentative August 13th, 2010 date to the ambiguous To Be Determined.
- DON’T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT – Josh Vargas wants to remake S.F. Brownrigg’s film, but with some violent updates.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Samuel Bayer’s remake of NOES is currently undergoing some reshoots, presumably after first test screenings weren’t so hot.
Indie, Foreign, and Random News
- Zombie STAR WARS – Some guy zombiefied Drew Struzan’s original STAR WARS posters.
- 2010 Slamdance Lineup – The Sundance offshoot that essentially discovered PARANORMAL ACTIVITY has announced its competition slate for next year.
- Paramount Goes Low-Budget – The massive studio has set up a fund to produce micro-budget films in at attempt to recapture the profit margins of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, which they released earlier this year.
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE SEARCH FOR KATE – Speaking of, PA now has a follow-up comic series.
Non-theatrical Trailers and Clips
- [REC] 2 – The first 5 minutes of the film are online, and though they are badass, they’re not nearly as awesome as what happens later on in the movie.
- HALLOWEEN 2 – The alternate ending.
- RARE EXPORTS – This is what happens when you dig up Santa Claus.
- CABIN FEVER 2 – There is no reason you should be looking forward to this movie.
- 13 HRS. – The producers of DOG SOLDIERS would like to show you their new werewolf movie.