Posted by: Peter Hall
The hardest part of making a Best-of-the-Year list is establishing the parameter of the year, so I’m just going to make this simple and do two horror lists. The first is exclusively films that had either a theatrical, DVD or VOD release in the US of A. The second will simply be the unreleased films I saw in 2010, be they via film festival, import disc or screener, that did not receive Stateside distribution.
Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
Studio News and Attachments
- SAW VII – Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton are, of course, writing a seventh SAW movie. A seventh SAW movie!!
- WORLD WAR Z – J. Michael Straczynski’s screenplay for WORLD WAR Z is getting a rewrite from THE KINGDOM scribe Matthew Michael Carnahan, which I’m not so sure is a good sign since I recall Moriarty’s script review praising how Oscar worthy Straczynski’s was…
- SCREAM 4 – Moves along with two Cox’ but no Campbell.
- GRACE – Anchor Bay has picked up the much loved GRACE for a theatrical and DVD release!
- RESIDENT EVIL 4 – Gets a bit more official with a start date and confirmation of Milla Jovovich’s return.
- HACK/SLASH – Gets a new director, Fredik Bond, but still has Justin Marks writing the comic adaptation.
- THE FLOCK – Prehistoric killer birds? Game on!
- CELL – Eli Roth is officially off of the project as it gets reborn in the form of a four hour miniseries.
- LET ME IN – International sales posters confirm the new, shorter title of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- SENSE AND SENSIBILTY AND SEA MONSTERS – Someone needs to drive a stake into the heart of this whole “tack on monsters to classic novels whose copyright has lapsed” genre. It’s lazy writing.
- HARPER’S ISLAND – The ‘slasher as a TV show’ experiment won’t be having a second season, which is a pity since it had some decent word of mouth.
- DARK COUNTRY – I actually had a dream about this movie last night, I suppose because I went to sleep after watching Tom Jane in HUNG. Weird.
- THE WICKER TREE – Robin Hardy’s sequel to his THE WICKER MAN is already filming.
- TERATOMA – Ryuhei Kitamara moves on to body horror after MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN.
- THE SHORTCUT – I laugh at this awful idea of what horror movies should be.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- 12 BELLS – In which CUBE gets ripped off…
- TRIANGLE – I’m hoping Christopher Smith’s latest film ends up getting a theatrical run in the states, but it isn’t confirmed at this point.
- FRAYED – In which a homicidal son escapes an insane asylum…
- STRIGOI – In which villagers comedically don’t know how to deal with a new vampire.