Posted by: JCDeleon
It’s very fitting that on the week our very own John Gholson had his personal creep-out zone invaded by The Baby, Terror Tuesday would showcase one of mine: young children. What’s weird about that is that I like babies, and I actually don’t mind most children in general, but when kids have a cold and soulless personality, that’s a different matter entirely. An energetic and rambunctious kid is easy to read, but the quiet ones could be plotting your demise right in front of your very eyes. For future reference, I am especially not fond of any little girl with long, straight black hair.
Bloody Birthday begins during an eclipse, when three children in the same community are born at the same time. We’re then fast-forwarded to a few days before their 9th birthday where the children, Debbie, Curtis and Steven, who seem innocent enough, are actually quite the effective killing unit. They embark on a killing spree instilling fear in their town, while a classmate of theirs begins to suspect something so naturally, he must go, but getting rid of him proves to be difficult.
Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- CASE 39 – This Renee Zelwegger vehicle has been bounced around so many times I’m not positive it’ll ever end up theatrical.
- H2 – Trailer for Zombie’s HALLOWEEN sequel looks even more unnecessary than his first go at running a treasure into the trailer park mud.
Studio News and Attachments
- BIOSHOCK – Gore Verbinski’s adaptation of the wildly popular retrofuture first person shooter has been stonewalled by budget concerns.
- ECLIPSE – David Slade, he of HARD CANDY and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT, will be directing the third installment of the TWILIGHT series.
- 30 (more) DAYS OF NIGHT – Steve Niles tells MTV that a script has been turned in and that the lights are getting closer to green.
- SILENT HILL 2 – Having not heard anything in what feels like a long time, I’d of assumed a sequel fell by the wayside, but now Horror-Movies.ca claims things have stopped entirely in an attempt to retool the haunter with a teen cast.
- THE NYE INCIDENTS – Todd Lincoln, who still has HACK/SLASH on his bill, will be directing an alien abduction flick for Dark Castle.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Kata Mara’s younger sister, Rooney Mara, will take on the role of Nancy.
- PREDATORS – What I thought must be bullshit is now confirmed. Robert Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios is producing a reboot of the intergalactic head hunter(s).
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- BUBBA NOSFERATU – Ron Perelman thinks that he’ll be stepping into Bruce Campbell’s shoes for the role of Elvis this fall/winter.
- THE WAR OF THE WORLDS PLUS BLOOD, GUTS AND ZOMBIES – Alright this insert zombies into classic literature malarkey is out of control, as evidenced by this forum post-cum-press release.
- DANTE’S INFERNO – Game trailer looking great, except for the complete lack of gameplay.
- THE STRAIN TRILOGY – In addition to having his name attached to every supernatural project of the next millennium, apparently Guillermo del Toro still has time to help write a trilogy of books.
- THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL – Ti West, understandably, does not appreciate having producers excise scenes from his new movie.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips