Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- THE DESCENT 2 – Trailer. Gander it quick as it keeps getting yanked from YouTube. Despite severely hating the first one, this looks like like a solid flick.
Studio News and Attachments
- SUBTERRANEAN – Sean Hood has scored writing duties on Marcus Nispel’s next film, as explained by this amusing anecdote from the writer himself. A plot set in an underground labyrinth of tunnels below NYC helps explain Nispel’s need for Jason to run around tunnels of his own.
- UNTITLED SHITTY MOVIE – Dimension Films wants to do a thriller based around some kind of social networking app.
- JONAH HEX – Josh Brolin now vs. John Malkovich.
- THE GATE – Alex Winters, yes that Alex Winters, will be directing a remake of the Tibur Takacs flick from ’87.
- FRIDAY THE 13TH – Surprise, there was material left out of the theatrical cut! And not just an extra dollop of karyo syrup. Also, it now holds an opening weekend slasher record at over $42mil.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Samuel Bayer, perhaps best known for creating the Smells Like Teen Spirit music video, will be calling the shots on Platinum Dunes’ next remake.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – If you believed that Lindsay Lohan was going to star in the reboot you are a sucker.
- DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS – BBC is doing a two-part mini-series remake that will star Brian Cox and Eddie Izzard. Sold!
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES – A literary update of Jane Austen’s classic tale…with zombies.
- “HOT GIRLS IN SCARY PLACES” – Give E! some credit for cutting through bull and putting out a show that is only about hot girls in scary places. They’re hoping to air on March 13th.
- BREATHERS: A ZOMBIE’S LAMENT – Diablo Cody is looking to produce an adaptation of S. G. Browne’s forthcoming novel.
- BLAIR WITCH Prequel? – Daniel Myrick says he has an idea, but it’s up to Lionsgate to make it.
- No EVIL DEAD 4 for Bruce – The Chin dismisses the idea that the world needs an EVIL DEAD 4.