Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- CASE 39 – This Renee Zelwegger vehicle has been bounced around so many times I’m not positive it’ll ever end up theatrical.
- H2 – Trailer for Zombie’s HALLOWEEN sequel looks even more unnecessary than his first go at running a treasure into the trailer park mud.
Studio News and Attachments
- BIOSHOCK – Gore Verbinski’s adaptation of the wildly popular retrofuture first person shooter has been stonewalled by budget concerns.
- ECLIPSE – David Slade, he of HARD CANDY and 30 DAYS OF NIGHT, will be directing the third installment of the TWILIGHT series.
- 30 (more) DAYS OF NIGHT – Steve Niles tells MTV that a script has been turned in and that the lights are getting closer to green.
- SILENT HILL 2 – Having not heard anything in what feels like a long time, I’d of assumed a sequel fell by the wayside, but now Horror-Movies.ca claims things have stopped entirely in an attempt to retool the haunter with a teen cast.
- THE NYE INCIDENTS – Todd Lincoln, who still has HACK/SLASH on his bill, will be directing an alien abduction flick for Dark Castle.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Kata Mara’s younger sister, Rooney Mara, will take on the role of Nancy.
- PREDATORS – What I thought must be bullshit is now confirmed. Robert Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios is producing a reboot of the intergalactic head hunter(s).
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- BUBBA NOSFERATU – Ron Perelman thinks that he’ll be stepping into Bruce Campbell’s shoes for the role of Elvis this fall/winter.
- THE WAR OF THE WORLDS PLUS BLOOD, GUTS AND ZOMBIES – Alright this insert zombies into classic literature malarkey is out of control, as evidenced by this forum post-cum-press release.
- DANTE’S INFERNO – Game trailer looking great, except for the complete lack of gameplay.
- THE STRAIN TRILOGY – In addition to having his name attached to every supernatural project of the next millennium, apparently Guillermo del Toro still has time to help write a trilogy of books.
- THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL – Ti West, understandably, does not appreciate having producers excise scenes from his new movie.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips