Posted by: Peter Hall
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- PANDORUM – I’ll watch anything on a spaceship.
Studio News and Attachments
- WORLD WAR Z – After the seizure that was QUANTUM OF SOLACE I want director Marc Forster as far away from Max Brooks’ novel as possible. My fears are being confirmed: IGN found he’s still working on the script. Last I recall Moriarty was praising J. Michael Straczynski’s script up and down. Has the woeful tinkering begun?
- THE HUNGER GAMES – Just got picked up for adaptation. Never heard of it, but now I’ll be heading to Amazon to grab this tale of a future in which counties must pay tribute by way of offering boys and girls for a televised death match.
- WELCOME TO HOXFORD – 1492 Entertainment picked up the IDW comic series about werewolves who run an insane asylum…
- THE HORSEMEN – Remember that Platinum Dunes flick about the apocalypse? No? Well it starred Dennis Quaid and recieved a chupacabra-esque release last week.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Jackie Earle Haley is exchanging a few words with Platinum Dunes over possibly taking on our favorite oven toasted pedophile. I’m not convinced we’re that lucky.
- HELLRAISER – Pascal Laugier reveals that his first draft is in and that his HELLRAISER will be a reboot combination of Barker’s film and the original HELLBOUND HEART novella.
- RE-ANIMATOR – Remember the news that there was a 3-D remake of Stuart Gordon’s classic in the wings? Well its bullshit.
- HEBERT WEST: THE SERIES – Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case with the O.C.ification of Lovecraft’s entire works.
- MOTEL HELL – Steven C. Miller of AUTOMATON TRANSFUSION says he’s doing a remake of MOTEL HELL for MGM.
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- THE REVENANT – I was indifferent to the story of an Iraq vet resurrecting with a blood lust Stateside, until this bit from the official site, “Bart will learn that he must eventually embrace the path of his own horrific destiny… all while cruising in a 1979 Camaro with a surfboard on the roof.” Now I don’t know whether to laugh or set a time machine to its release.
- MEGA SHARK VERSUS GIANT OCTOPUS – Starring not only Lorenzo Lamas but Debbie Gibson. Yes, that Debbie Gibson.
- IT’S A WONDERFUL AFTERLIFE – Is not actually a scary version of IT’S A WONDERFUL life, rather a horromedy about a mother who kills off unsuitable suitors for her daughter.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips