Last Week in Horror News: November 29th to December 6th
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- CASE 39 – Two new clips for the long-shelved Renee Zellweger, Bradley Cooper and Ian McShane thriller.
- DAYBREAKERS – A new teaser spot for the damned fine flick out in January. Review here.
Studio News and Attachments
- ZOMBIELAND 2 – Is official and will be shot in 3D. Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg are assumed to be returning, but no word on Emma Stone or Abigail Breslin.
- BAD MONKEYS – Matt Battaglia (who produced the cool, but languishing in release flick KILL THEORY) is producing BAD MONKEYS, a script about a girl who, when arrested for murder, claims to be part of a secret society dedicated to fighting evil.
- ENDANGERED SPECIES – Eli Roth’s next project as a director is still undergoing some script tweaking, after Roth showed a draft to Quentin Tarantino, of course, as well as some f/x tests to determine how it will be shot.
- “HOWL” – In an attempt to get some of them Twilight monies, Fox and DreamWorks are teaming together to make a show about rival werewolf families in Alaska. Should have just called it “TEAM JACOB CASH-GRAB”.
- HATCHET 2 – The sequel to Adam Green’s swamp-killer “throwback” HATCHET is moving along at Anchor Bay and the first official new cast member is none other than Daniel Harris.
- PHONE - The rather unimpressive K-horror flick PHONE (review) about a…killer phone… has been optioned for a US remake by Imprint Entertainment.
- THE AMITYVILLE HORROR – Dimension Films is planning on remaking AMITYVILLE yet again. Because it turned out so well for all involved with Platinum Dunes did it 4 years ago…
Indie, Foreign and Random News
- RIP Paul Naschy – The Spanish Lon Chaney passed away this past week at the age of 75.
- Universal Classic Monsters – Universal’s new site for THE WOLF MAN remake features a loving tribute to its stable of classic monsters equipped with playable soundtracks and more.
- Sundance 2010 – A look at the intriguing lineup for next year’s midnight movie slate at Sundance.
- FROST ROAD – Keith Arem is making the jump from the video game world (he directed the cutscenes in MODERN WARFARE 2) to the big screen with FROST ROAD, a story about “the survivors and victims of an invisible contagion in a small coastal Eastern town.”
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: ORIGINS – The cast for the animated prequel film to NOTLD voice cast includes Danielle Harris, Mos Def and Bill Moseley.
- LEFT FOR DEAD – Albert Pyun is making a western-set horror movie called LEFT FOR DEAD, which will be told in “almost real time”, not unlike Pyun’s INVASION (review), which was laboriously told in real time from the dash-cam of a cop car.
- ALONE IN THE DARK II – Will be out on DVD January 26. Just an FYI since I know everyone was eager to mark their calendars. Note: this one has almost nothing to do with Uwe Boll’s film.
- PIPER – Zenescope Entertainment’s comic PIPER about a bullied kid in high school who channels the malevolent spirit of the Pied Piper is heading for the land of film.
- SOME GUY WHO KILLS PEOPLE – John Landis is producing a film called SOME GUY WHO KILLS PEOPLE. Awkward.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- PHOBOS – Co-eds locked in an underground bunker in Russia does not at all look like THE HOLE on steroids…
- THE DESCENT 2 – Clip.
- FRITT VILT 3 – Norway’s first slasher (known as COLD PREY in the States) gets another sequel.
Tags: ALONE IN THE DARK 2, BAD MONKEYS, CASE 39, Cold Prey 3, Danielle Harris, DAYBREAKERS, ENDANGERED SPECIES, FRITT VILT 3, FROST ROAD, HATCHET 2, HOWL, LEFT FOR DEAD, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: ORIGINS, Paul Naschy, PHOBOS, PIPER, SOME GUY WHO KILLS PEOPLE, THE DESCENT, ZOMBIELAND, ZOMBIELAND 2