Last Week in Horror News, February 1st to the 8th
Trying out a new format this week.
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
Studio News and Attachments
- DRAG ME TO HELL – Test screenings are going out for both a PG-13 and R cut of Sam Raimi’s return to horror. Rut roh.
- MY BLOODY VALENTINE – Exec producer John Dunning tells Fango he originally he gave Lionsgate a script for a sequel to the original MBV, which may soon be repurposed as a sequel to MBV3D.
- THE KILLER INSIDE ME – Kate Hudson rounds out the cast for THE KILLER INSIDE ME, which now includes Casey Affleck, Elias Koteas and Bill Pullman.
- ZOMBIELAND – Speaking of casting, Amber Heard joins Woody Harrelson and all the rest.
- HACK/SLASH – Nick Principe will be playing 4 of the 5 slashers (though no description of who they are from the comic series), hints that the role of Cassie Hack is now between three high profile actors. Guess they’re really going this thing.
- BEASTLY – CBS Films wants some of thems Twilight’s monies, is putting young adult horror/romance novel BEASTLY on the big screen.
- “VAMPIRE DIARIES” – Kevin Williamson has penned the pilot for CW’s new supernatural show.
Plenty of news this week on sequels to remakes, but no remakes themselves.
Indie, Foreign, and Random News
- …OF THE DEAD – Romero says the social cross hairs of his new zombie opus will be on ‘tribalism’.
- PONTYPOOOL – IFC Films will be releasing the ‘rage virus spread by the English language’ flick in May, which likely means IFC will be putting it OnDemand as well as in theaters.
- CABIN FEVER 2 – Ti West talks CF2, reveals its status languishing in the post-production hell of ‘creative differences’.
- SAVANT – Blair Witch’s Daniel Myrick’s next film is about a smooth talker who can turn anyone into a mass murderer after simply having a chat with them.
Non-Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- TRIANGLE – Trailer for Christopher Smith’s (aka the guy who made CREEP, aka the banner for this site) new film. I’m excited despite this trailer being gobbledygook.
- INFESTATION – Trailer. Giant bugs and Ray Wise. Sold.
- DEADLINE – Indie starring Brittany Murphy and Thora Birch that looks like a female version of James Van Der Beek’s FINAL DRAFT. Sad that I’ve seen FINAL DRAFT.
- DARK ISLAND – Stilted acting and stiff direction, but it looks like a lot of fun and sports the “LOST” smoke monster to boot.
- SURVEILLANCE – Jennifer Lynch directed and produced by her father.
Tags: BEASTLY, CABIN FEVER 2, DARK ISLAND, DEADLINE, DRAG ME TO HELL, HACK/SLASH, INFESTATION, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, OF THE DEAD, PONTYPOOL, SAVANT, THE HORSEMAN, THE KILLER INNSIDE ME, THE SHORTCUT, TRIANGLE, VAMPIRE DIARIES, ZOMBIELAND