Last Week in Horror News: December 6th to the 13th
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
- THE CRAZIES – Second trailer.
- SOLOMON KANE – A cool clip from the movie, which still lacks distribution in the States but since it is a sold, dark fantasy flick, I’m putting it here out of hope.
Studio News and Attachments
- MIRRORS 2 – The Nick Stahl starring sequel to Alexandre Aja’s dull remake of a dull movie gets a longer plot description and a full cast.
- SEASON OF THE WITCH – If you like fire and Nicholas Cage’s forehead, then have I got a poster for you!
- GHOSTBUSTERS 3 – Sigourney Weaver hints that Bill Murray might be playing a ghost this time around…
- PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES – Natalie Portman will produce and star in a big screen adaptation of no one’s favorite alternate universe literary classic.
- VLAD – Summit’s Vlad the Impaler film, written by “SONS OF ANARCHY” and GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS star Charlie Hunnam, will have no hits of vampires in it.
- HALLOWEEN 3D – The Weinstein Company is scrambling for new ideas to make a movie no one wants into a movie at least one person wants.
- RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE – Slides from fall 2010 to the second week of 2011.
- THE WOLFMAN – Emily Blunt says the reason for the shifting WOLFMAN release date has always been driven by special effects deadlines; not because Joe Johnston made a crappy movie. Speaking of, the flick got an R rating this week.
- FANTASTIC VOYAGE – The ’60s classic sci-fi flick about shrinking down and going inside the human body joins the growing list of movies James Cameron might tackle next.
- THE GATE – H.R. Giger will be designing some of the creatures for Alex Winter’s THE GATE 3D.
- FRIDAY THE 13TH 2 – Unsurprisingly, Platinum Dunes’ proposed sequel to Marcus Nispel’s reboot of F13 has slid from its extremely tentative August 13th, 2010 date to the ambiguous To Be Determined.
- DON’T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT – Josh Vargas wants to remake S.F. Brownrigg’s film, but with some violent updates.
- NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET – Samuel Bayer’s remake of NOES is currently undergoing some reshoots, presumably after first test screenings weren’t so hot.
Indie, Foreign, and Random News
- Zombie STAR WARS – Some guy zombiefied Drew Struzan’s original STAR WARS posters.
- 2010 Slamdance Lineup – The Sundance offshoot that essentially discovered PARANORMAL ACTIVITY has announced its competition slate for next year.
- Paramount Goes Low-Budget – The massive studio has set up a fund to produce micro-budget films in at attempt to recapture the profit margins of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, which they released earlier this year.
- PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE SEARCH FOR KATE – Speaking of, PA now has a follow-up comic series.
Non-theatrical Trailers and Clips
- [REC] 2 – The first 5 minutes of the film are online, and though they are badass, they’re not nearly as awesome as what happens later on in the movie.
- HALLOWEEN 2 – The alternate ending.
- RARE EXPORTS – This is what happens when you dig up Santa Claus.
- CABIN FEVER 2 – There is no reason you should be looking forward to this movie.
- 13 HRS. – The producers of DOG SOLDIERS would like to show you their new werewolf movie.
Tags: 13 Hrs., CABIN FEVER 2, DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT, FANTASTIC VOYAGE, FRIDAY THE 13TH 2, GHOSTBUSTERS 3, H.R. Giger, HALLOWEEN 2, HALLOWEEN 3D, MIRRORS 2, NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, Platinum Dunes, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES, RARE EXPORTS, RESIDENT EVIL 4, RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE, SEASON OF THE WTICH, SOLOMON KANE, STAR WARS, THE CRAZIES, THE GATE, THE WOLFMAN, VLAD, [REC] 2