Last Week in Horror: June 1st to June 8th
Last Week in Horror was all about attachments. Brittany Murphy and Thora Birch join a “psychological thrilller”, which means the press release gave away the ending. Remember Zack Snyder’s epic zombie project, the one promising to be the largest undead film of all time, ARMY OF THE DEAD? Well, it now has a director.
And now I’m going to start a tradition. Whatever YouTube entertained me most over the past week. Victory this week goes to the wizards of Asia.
Theatrical Trailers and Clips
Studio News and Attachments
- Happy Madison, Adam Sandler’s outfit, has formed Scary Madison, which is a new production label for exactly what you don’t want it to be; bottom of the barrel Sandler audienceized horror.
- The first sentence of this Hollywood Report article on DEADLINE use the words “psychological thriller.” I’m calling it right now; Brittany Murphy’s character will end up being Thora Birch (or vice versa).
- Best movie ever? ROUNDTABLE is about a Merlin led team of knights who battle an ancient evil. Oh, and it takes place in modern times, with a run down bunch in the role of the knights.
- Lionsgate shifts MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN around again, this time to August 1st.
- 30 DAYS OF NIGHT: DUST TO DUST, a webseries for FEARnet, casts Shawnee Smith, Ken Foree and Ted Raimi.
- WB signs a director for the Zack Snyder sponsored project ARMY OF THE DEAD; Matthijs van Heijningen, director of car commercials (just like Snyder was pre-DOTD04).
Indie, Foreign and Random News
Indie/Foreign Trailers and Clips